1917
In 1917, Harold Emmerson purchased a small insurance business known as Pearce and Ward. One year later Harold purchased another agency by the name of Adams and Hutchins. For about ten years during a period known as the General Agency System, the business ran under the name Adams, Hutchins and Emmerson.
1920
In the late 1920′s, the General Agency System ceased to exist and the agency name was changed to H.W. Emmerson Insurance.
1946
ln 1946 sonGeorge returned from the war to join the firm, and the name was changed to H.W. and W.G. Emmerson Insurance.
1947
In 1947 the agency expanded into Blackstock and Cartwright by the purchase of the Mountjoy Agency.
1963
In August 1963, Harold Emmerson passed away and the business was re-organized under the name Emmerson Insurance Agency Limited.
1976
In 1976, George Emmerson retired from active participation in the Company and the new officers became Larry Emmerson (son) as president, George Emmerson as VP and Jack Dowson as Secretary.
1981
In 1981 Government regulations prompted another name change to Emmerson Insurance Brokers Limited.
2005
In 2005, Larry Emmerson became sole owner following the retirement of his father and partner Jack Dowson.
Present
Today Emmerson Insurance operates from downtown Port Perry with licensed brokers and a very competent support staff. The latest telecommunications and computer technologies ensure that Emmerson’s can offer their clients the best in personal service, and the numerous and varied Insurance companies they represent ensure complete and competitive poIicy coverages.